Platform Software Engineer (Remote) at Artificial
Palo Alto, CA, US
At Artificial, we are building a first-of-its-kind automation software platform to empower labs to go take their scientific ideas to reliable results faster and more efficiently. With our platform, labs can focus on their next idea, whether that’s developing gene therapies or scaling COVID-19 diagnostic testing, not their automation.
Artificial’s team is comprised of experts in life sciences, robotics, automation, and data, who have built digital tools and platforms for Space X ground control, CERN hadron collider, LEGO Mindstorms, and more. As we support and deploy our platform to customers, we’re looking for motivated people who are passionate about solving real-world problems and ready to make an impact.
Artificial has built a device interface platform that brings scalability and reusability to lab automation. We are looking for a cross-functional Platform Software Engineer to lead the continued development of this platform by leveraging cloud platforms like Kubernetes and NATS streaming. In this role, you will work closely with our Cloud team to ensure seamless communication from lab devices to our cloud systems. You will also help build out a team that develops generalized lab automation device drivers. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience and grow with a fast-moving start-up!
This role can be based remotely.
- Develop a scalable and reusable on-prem platform on which device drivers run and communicate with our cloud services
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on internal and cross platform communication methods/standards to best support the product requirements
- Work with external partners and customers to develop a platform that enables a seamless API implementation process for their devices
- At least 2 years of work experience with a BS in Computer Science or practical software engineering experience in related fields
- Passion for building systems that interface from code to devices
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, GRPC, redis
- Comfortable working in Python and/or C++
- Experience integrating with lab automation equipment or software
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experiencing communicating customer requirements to internal Engineering teams