AR/VR Interface Engineer (Remote) at Artificial
Palo Alto, CA, US
At Artificial, we are building a first-of-its-kind automation software platform to empower labs to go take their scientific ideas to reliable results faster and more efficiently. With our platform, labs can focus on their next idea, whether that’s developing gene therapies or scaling COVID-19 diagnostic testing, not their automation.
Artificial’s team is comprised of experts in life sciences, robotics, automation, and data, who have built digital tools and platforms for Space X ground control, CERN hadron collider, LEGO Mindstorms, and more. As we support and deploy our platform to customers, we’re looking for motivated people who are passionate about solving real-world problems and ready to make an impact.
Artificial is looking for a software engineer to help build augmented reality (AR) displays that overlay critical information about a lab’s assets and its operations in the real world. In this role, you will help design and build a platform that will localize people and equipment within a lab, while visualizing relevant data about each asset and seamlessly communicating with our cloud backend. This is a great opportunity to bring AR to a complex and important real-world setting.
- Help design, develop, and maintain distributed software systems that overlay 3D visual data into a real-world lab environment
- Develop an AR headset interface that empowers lab operators to easily display and act on relevant, localized information while they’re in the lab
- Collaborate with the cloud backend team to test and address the performance, scalability, usability, and reliability of the system
- Passion for and strong understanding of 3D computer graphics
- Solid grasp of mathematics for 3D object transformations
- Comfortable working with AR/VR headsets
- Proficient in C#
- Comfortable developing in a Windows environment
- Self‐starter and problem solver, willing to solve difficult problems and work independently when necessary
- A degree or study in software engineering or computer science is preferred, but equivalent experience is welcome.
- Familiarity with robotics and automation
- Familiarity with AR/VR headsets
- Familiarity with computer vision or fiducial marker localization
- Familiarity with Unity
- Strong appreciation for UI design aesthetics and attention to detail