VP of Operations at Sparta Science
Menlo Park, CA, US
Our VP of Operations will be responsible for the day-to-day operations to keep up with the demands of Sparta's growth. Each day will provide a new challenge for growth and scale across all departments. Specifically, this person will be a key member of the executive team by building and refining processes that can scale, managing the demands of our supply chain for our flagship piece of hardware, and owning the financial model that we use to drive daily decision-making. You'll be the "master of none" - blending in with each department, supporting from behind the scenes, with a pulse on each and every part of the business.
Ultimately you'll be the key to unblocking any obstacles between Sparta and bringing our force plate machine learning technology to warfighters, athletes, patients, and individuals across the world.
- Drive our annual, and quarterly, goal setting process (OKR's) via data-driven processes
- Ensure company and department level metrics are accurate, measurable, and consistent
- Own the revenue operations function, simplifying processes and surfacing the best prospect/opportunities for our team
- Manage our global supply chain, ensuring availability and quality of our hardware product
- Own the financial model, including monthly closing of the books and investor reporting
- Manage the HR function of Sparta, including execution of employment agreements and other contracts
- Proactively flag potential risks across the org, working directly with the CEO to implement solutions
- Develop a deep understand of Sparta's mission, offering, and operational principals to help drive the business
What you'll bring to the table
- 7+ years' experience in operations at a Saas/startup company
- Experience successfully scaling an org to 100+ people
- Experience in IP processes and general legal agreements, including HR related contracts
- Highly proficient in CRM (Hubspot preferred), HR tools, and the ability to learn quickly
- High EQ and comfortable being a public, internal leader for the team
Sparta Science is the leader in the application of movement diagnostic software. Using AI and machine learning, our simple 90-second scan identifies how you move, providing individualized, evidence-based exercise plans to increase readiness, minimize injury risk, and speed efficient rehabilitation to physical activity.
Sparta technology is used worldwide by elite and conventional military forces, professional, collegiate, high school sports organizations, strength training professionals, and in occupational health committed to helping people move better, at work, at play, and on duty.
At Sparta Science, our mission is to help EVERYONE to Move Better, and because of that we believe in including everyone. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to Sparta's mission and continued excellence.
Sparta Science is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.