Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
Skydio is seeking a talented multi-disciplinary engineer to define, implement, and continuously improve the final assembly and test processes for our next generation of products. In this role, your contributions will drive quality, speed to market, productivity, and profitability.
How you'll make an impact:
- Collaborate with product development, quality, supply chain, production, and test teams to define product manufacturing requirements.
- Work with design team to identify and incorporate manufacturability and assembly optimizations.
- Design, implement, and validate fixtures, equipment, and process controls to ensure stable manufacturing within fast development schedules.
- Define assembly process and line layout, providing progressively refined labor, cost, and capacity estimates.
- Proactively identify and mitigate productivity and yield losses.
- Continuously improve quality and efficiency while reducing cost through reduction of waste and variability using lean and six sigma methods.
What makes you a strong fit:
- Experience in process development throughout the product development process through multiple product launches.
- Ability to prioritize own tasks against development schedule to maximize effectiveness.
- Strong electro-mechanical background, preferably with consumer and industrial electronics.
- Enthusiasm for hands-on development of creative solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, and cross-functional teamwork skills,
- Proficient in CAD (Skydio uses CATIA)
- Bonus points for: Python, SQL
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.