We are seeking a Senior Operations Manager - Shared Services to join our rapidly growing team working to decarbonize the aviation industry. We are developing a state-of-the-art modular hydrogen capsule technology and a fuel cell-electric powertrain for the world’s first zero-emissions regional airliner. In this role, you will have the opportunity to shape, implement, and upgrade the shared service platforms (HR, IT, finance, procurement, recruiting, facilities, etc.) the company uses to scale through multiple stages of development.
About the role:
- Act as primary shared services point of contact for the company.
- Manage day-to-day shared services vendors (e.g. outsourced finance, IT, HR, recruiting, facilities, etc.) and SaaS tools (e.g. device management, contract management, etc.) to ensure they are meeting their service level commitments.
- Produce regular reports on key performance metrics for management reviews.
- Work with the COO to build and implement a scalable shared services infrastructure that is robust to the company’s rapid growth
- Collect feedback from internal shared services customers to drive continuous improvement.
- Experience managing a broad portfolio of shared services, including outsourced vendors and implementation of SaaS solutions, within a dynamic team environment.
- Deep empathy for shared services users, and a demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback into concrete action plans
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management, and organizational skills.
- An interest in discovering the newest “best-in-class” tools to improve operational efficiency.
- All-around "scrappy" mindset. Finding creative solutions to challenges as they emerge and being able to think "outside the box."
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and also act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, JetBlue, Toyota, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2025.
We strive for a culture that is empowered, collaborative, open, and human-centered. We are driven by a sense of urgency to address climate change through the near-term decarbonization of commercial aviation. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize for their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and remote work policy reflects this. However, because we are building physical products, most roles will require working at our facility at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles most of the time.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes cash bonuses and significant equity participation for all salaried employees, employer-paid health insurance coverage, generous parental leave, a pet-friendly headquarters located at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles, and generous paid time off. As a young company, we are actively working to expand the benefits we provide—including childcare, retirement, parental, and mental health benefits—and we’re always open to feedback on what’s most important to you.
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want to give you the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. Needless to say, we value diversity in all its forms, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.