At Saltbox, we believe that operational excellence turns strong brands into great companies. For far too long, digitally-enabled companies working with physical goods have been pushed to the fringes of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. We’re here to change that. Within our purpose-built warehouses, we offer flexible workspaces and logistics-enabling solutions that help e-commerce companies start, grow, and scale.
Backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in the world, we are opening locations across the U.S. Founded by experienced executives in real estate, logistics, customer success and technology, we’re on a mission to ensure that every entrepreneur has a place to call home.
What we're looking for
Today, Saltbox empowers SMB e-commerce businesses through purpose-built workspace and logistics enablement services. Through this alone, we're unlocking operational leverage for the long tail of eCommerce in a system that favors the enterprise. We know this segment of the market, why they choose Saltbox over traditional 3PLs, and are witness to growing demand for fulfillment done differently.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial fulfillment operations manager to help us launch and manage fulfillment hubs as we open new Saltbox locations across the country. Put more simply, this role will ensure that we successfully execute orders for our members at every location, every day. The ideal candidate for this role must have substantive experience in managing fulfillment operations, a strong track record of building great operations teams, and a command of process that enables you to delegate and monitor operational performance from afar.
This position will be based in Dallas and require significant travel to stand up fulfillment operations in new locations as we grow.
Who you are
- You have domain expertise with fulfillment software. You know your way around the functional side of warehouse management systems and can troubleshoot on behalf of the associates on your team.
- Obsessed with operational excellence. There's an enormous amount of operational complexity for any traditional fulfillment operation that is amplified at the micro-fulfillment level. You'll support the design of our fulfillment operations playbook, staffing models, internal SLA's, and lead the fulfillment operations team to become more efficient and effective with time.
- Data driven. You’re obsessive about the efficiency of the fulfillment engine, and always have a pulse on metrics per order, per teammate, per client, and per station.
- A champion of quality. Speed and quality are often in conflict, but you know how to strike the right balance. You care deeply about order accuracy, SLA’s, cut-off times, and ensure every order goes out perfectly, on time, and on budget,.
- You can walk into an empty space and prescribe a fulfillment configuration. You can layout any space for fulfillment and detail capital investments needed in machinery and equipment such as hardware, racking, shelving, pick & pack hardware, etc.
- A team builder. You know what to look for in hiring, how to train, how to manage the operations team, and how to hand-off a launched fulfillment operation to a site lead.
- Extremely disciplined. You’re never late, and neither is your team. You understand the rigors of retail and that holiday coverage is critical for our members. You know where the risks are in every part of our process, and how to address them when the time is right.
- 4+ years of proven experience in fulfillment or logistics operations
- Extremely organized, meticulous, and detail oriented
- Experience scoping, leading, and implementing process improvement
- Track record of exceeding operational performance goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Saltbox is home to a diverse group of passionate people, and we strive to do everything we can to support our team members. We strongly value creating an environment where our employees are healthy and happy. Because of this, we are are committed to generous benefits including:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Paid time-off and sick time + flexible working hours
- Company-wide, team building retreats
- Quarterly team outings, coffee chats, and meal perks