Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the team:
The Customer Success team is a growing international team that provides the broader organization and our customers with enablement services to ensure that our customers can get the most value out of their UAS. Reporting to the Manager- Federal Programs within the Customer Success team, the Field Support Representative will primarily interface with the Federal Sales team, Customer Support and Program Management to support our federal customers.
About the role:
We are looking for a highly-motivated and technical individual with UAS experience who is comfortable interfacing with Department of Defense customers as well as other Federal and marque enterprise customers to provide best-in-class technical and logistics support. By taking ownership of customer relationships in the field and collecting feedback, you will be a trusted partner and liaison between Program Management, Product, Support and Engineering. You will advise both Skydio and the Customer, expediting the product feedback communication loop and helping manage the customer repair and maintenance workstream.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Work closely with internal teams to become an expert on Skydio’s products, processes, specifications, and product roadmap.
- Develop field support processes that define and accelerate our escalation and debugging workflows.
- Reduce the number of technical escalations into engineering groups by developing effective triage and resolution techniques.
- Develop and maintain an advanced level of proficiency in troubleshooting by becoming a certified Skydio UAS Operator and Trainer.
- Provide on-the-job (OJT) training to customers in the areas of maintenance and operation techniques relevant to the repair of UAS aircraft and equipment, including associated test equipment, with special attention given to adjustment, calibration, spares recommendation, trouble-shooting and inspection methods.
- Work to develop or improve written inspection procedures, drawings and other instructions to perform and help customers inspect and maintain their fleets.
- Provide on-site company representation and technical support to customers and initiate corrective actions for maintenance, repair and replacement issues.
What makes you a good fit:
- Ability to travel up to 75%+ with potential international travel.
- Valid U.S. passport or ability to obtain.
- Active Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain.
- U.S. Citizenship.
Experience & Skills
- 3+ years experience as a Field Support Representative operating on, repairing and maintaining UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) for large clients, preferably federal or military customers.
- Adept at technical troubleshooting, problem-solving, and are familiar with triage and escalation workflows.
- Assertive self-starter with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- OCONUS (deployed) military experience is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with RMA, spares, logistics or other repair workflows is preferred.
- Experience in Linux operating systems is preferred.
- Experience with military standard maintenance practices is preferred.
- Existing or prior security clearance is preferred.
- Creative thinking with the ability to multitask.
- Unwavering professionalism.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.