Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are seeking a motivated Supply Chain professional with high-growth start-up experience and a solid understanding of planning and purchasing functions. A Planner/Buyer will be responsible for owning MRP inputs and establishing the initial procurement systems and processes for the company’s future. This role will be a key business partner to Sales Operations, Manufacturing, Business Systems, Data Analytics and FP&A.
How you'll make an impact:
- Maintain vendor and component information in ERP system, including Payment Terms, Standard Cost, and Lead Time, Shipping Time etc.
- Place and manage Purchase Orders, Owner of MRP Purchase Order Inputs.
- Responsible for supplier production and delivery schedule.
- Manage supplier corrective actions and escalation paths.
- Publish updated projected BOM cost to finance team.
- Finalize Standard Cost for each component in a given program/product group.
- Proactively update Skydio leadership on all critical supply issues.
- Analyze procurement data and report on metrics including on-time delivery, PO status, vendor performance etc.
- Resolve Purchase Order (PO) discrepancies and invoice issues and ensure timely PO receipt.
- Build cross functional teams and champion continuous improvement initiatives for cost, quality, and delivery.
- Responsible for managing the demand and supply plan for the product scope.
- Develop and execute MRP supply and demand plans.
- Collaborate internal stakeholders on implementing supply chain strategies.
- Develop and key planning metrics and reports including Safety Stock Analysis, Inventory Health, Order Policies, and Cash Flow.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors and ensure communications are tight with real time updates.
- Mitigate risks and ensure supply continuity for given scope to meet customer fulfillment needs.
- Report on customer fulfillment and own clear to build/line of balance style reporting.
What makes you a good fit:
- Demonstrable, first-hand experience in supply chain, operations, or comparable role with in-depth understanding of Supply Chain fundamentals
- Successful track record working on cross-functional NPI projects, cost models, negotiating, and planning
- Ability to identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and data analytics skills
- Familiarity with ERP systems and purchasing/planning functions
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to communicate outside of work hours, including evening calls with overseas suppliers
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.