Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the team:
The Customer Success team is a growing international team that provides the broader organization and our customers with enablement services to ensure that our customers can get the most value out of their UAS. Educational materials make up a large part of those enablement services. The Training Content Creator will work within Customer Success, reporting to the Technical Content and Training Manager, to create educational material such as training videos, eLearning courses, and instructor-led training slides.
About the role:
Skydio is looking for a highly motivated Training Content Creator to develop and manage customer training content for Skydio Academy, support website and product releases. Training content could include videos, eLearning modules, presentations, reference guides, handouts, and quizzes. The ideal Training Content Creator has a keen eye for design and writes, curates, and distills content into easy-to-understand and meaningful learning experiences delivered in either a self-paced or instructor-led format. Audiences include customers in the federal and enterprise markets, and may occasionally include internal employees.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Create and manage compelling written and visual training content for our customers and internal audiences using a variety of delivery methods, including video, eLearning, presentations, reference guides, handouts, and quizzes
- Learn new concepts, content, and processes quickly and turn knowledge into effective training courses and materials
- Maintain templates and standards for consistent, on-brand content development
- Convey complex information in a concise and easy-to-understand manner
- Work closely with internal teams (product management, product marketing, flight testing, engineering, and training) to become an expert on Skydio’s products
- Apply adult learning concepts through course content and delivery
- Utilize desktop publishing and graphics packages, simulation software, and audio/visual technology, where appropriate, to produce professional and effective training materials
- Manage eLearning course content in the LMS
- Manage multiple priorities while adhering to deadlines
What would make you a good fit:
- Expertise in design, content creation, or L&D
- Proficient in designing and editing content using Google Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects), Camtasia Studio, and Snagit
- Proficient in one or more major online authoring tools (Adobe Captivate preferred)
- Experience developing content for Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of training and development principles and adult learning theory
- Ability to handle ambiguity, changing priorities, and a fast-paced work environment, and willingness to speak up and ask questions
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects effectively
- Ability to pass the FAA Part 107, or Part 107-certified
- Experience with graphic design and animation/motion graphics a plus
Training content samples are required.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.