Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta Health is looking for an experienced growth marketing leader who will drive efforts to deliver transformational growth in the adoption of Virta treatments. You will lead and develop the patient marketing team that plays a pivotal role in the acquisition, activation, retention and reactivation of patients.
You will be responsible for leading the development and deployment of Virta’s growth marketing plan. Growth initiatives will be prioritized across organic, paid and earned media acquisition channels with a strong focus on optimizing the patient acquisition funnel.
We are looking for a highly analytical, creative and strategic leader who can rally Virtans across the organization to a shared growth vision. If you would like to build a future where hundreds of millions of people reverse their diabetes and other chronic conditions, this role might be for you.
- Lead Virta’s growth marketing efforts including the development and deployment of the strategy to drive transformational patient growth and retention across the business.
- Lead, develop and build a world class patient marketing team with expertise across organic, paid and earned media channels.
- Guide the development of roadmaps for: channel development and optimization; measurement, analytics and reporting; and the infrastructure including marketing technology to support.
- Drive innovation across the team identifying new opportunity areas for growth. Champion efforts to ideate, test, iterate, and optimize growth through channel and product optimizations.
- Improve operational efficiencies to enable growth at scale.
- Partner well across the organization including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Design, Customer Support, Finance and Operations.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Take ownership of Virta’s growth marketing efforts including leadership of the patient marketing team.
- Get to know the Virtans in the neighborhood - Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Design, Customer Support, Finance, Operations and of course the Patient Marketing team.
- Review and update the growth marketing plan that supports the next stage of Virta’s growth. Plan to include roadmaps for: channel development and optimization; measurement, analytics and reporting; and the infrastructure including marketing technology to support.
- 8+ years of customer acquisition experience preferably in a direct to consumer or high growth B2B organization.
- Broad understanding of the Organic, Paid and Earned Media channels used for customer acquisition and retention including: Email, SEO, SEM, Display, Video, Social, Web, App, Content Marketing.
- Deep experience in measurement, analytics and reporting including experience with A/B testing, multi-touch attribution and media mix models.
- A clear passion for Marketing and Marketing tech. Up to date on emerging trends and platforms.
- Strong relationship builder – interpersonal skills that enable partnership, drives enthusiasm, and supports strategic thinking.
- A proven growth leader with a track record of driving measurable outcomes.
- Minimum BA/BS. Degree in a quantitative field preferred.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.