Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta is in the process of growing at a rapid pace and is in need of a talented individual to join the lean finance team and help keep pace with the company’s growth. You will have an immediate impact by maintaining current AP processes and implementing new processes and procedures. This role will work with a variety of systems and have exposure to various other teams at Virta.
***This role is open to remote applicants, so please apply regardless of your location.
- Process invoices, post business transactions with appropriate coding in the general ledger, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Maintain appropriate approval flow on invoices and expense reimbursements and ensure approvals are received timely for timely payment of invoices due in accordance with vendor payment terms
- Obtain copies of all company credit card charge receipts and refunds
- Maintain copies of invoices, credit card receipts, and requisite tax information (e.g. vendor W-9s) in an organized and easy to find manner
- Check vendor files for any previous payments and provide requested information to Virtans
- Perform accounting duties such as account maintenance and performing account reconciliations as part of the month-end close process
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Assist in transitioning accounts payable function in-house from external vendor
- Implement processes and procedures to increase the efficiency of the payables process
- Establish strong working relationships with other teams
- Become the point of contact, both internally and externally, for any invoice and/or payment related questions
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent with relevant 1+ year of accounts payable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with internal and external parties
- Knowledge of accounting systems such as Netsuite and Bill.com a plus
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $50,000-$55,000; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.