Communications Manager, Playground Global at Playground Global
Palo Alto, CA, US
Founded in 2015 in Palo Alto, California, PlaygroundGlobal is an early stage venture capital firm that invests in frontier technology companies poised to create multi-generational impact. Our focus is on solving complex, technical challenges in areas such as AI, quantum and next-generation computing, industrial automation and logistics, and engineered biology.
Playground’s investing team has deep technical and operational expertise, and we provide valuable, hands-on support to our portfolio companies.
To date, Playground has invested in transformative companies with significant commercial momentum, such as Relativity Space, PsiQuantum, Virta Health, Velo3D, Skydio, NextSilicon, and Fabric.
This role will toggle between marketing the firm and helping our portfolio companies make the maximum impact with their announcements. As our Communications Manager, you will be on the front lines of shaping the narrative for truly world-changing technologies like quantum computers, fully automated micro fulfillment centers and hydrogen-powered commercial aircraft.
- Partner closely with Playground’s head of Marketing to provide hands-on support to the firm’s portfolio companies on their PR and Communications efforts
- Develop relationships with key reporters on behalf of Playground and work to develop relevant story ideas
- Assist Senior Manager, Content Strategy with social media, newsletters, and other content marketing as needed
- Liaise with Playground’s internal and agency PR and marketing teams
- Develop and edit articulate, on-brand and flawless marketing materials
- Project manage multiple deliverables and ensure team accountability to deadlines
- Maintain updated weekly progress trackers and CRM
- Ensure website, marketing material and external sources contain the most up-to-date information on Playground and its portfolio
- Assist with event strategy and planning as needed
- 4+ years experience in public relations and/or communications for a technology company or venture capital firm
- BA / BS, or equivalent experience
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills that lead to flawless executionMedia relations experience
- Passion and curiosity for technical topics
- Desire to learn and grow as a communications professional
- Social media experience (desired but not necessary)