We are on a mission to build the world’s first large-scale, commercially viable, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2016 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solution to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with potential impact across all of science and technology. By harnessing the laws of quantum physics, quantum computers are expected to dramatically outperform even the most powerful supercomputers, enabling extraordinary advances across a broad range of applications including climate, energy, healthcare, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design, and more.
In many areas of scientific and technical inquiry, humanity has reached the limit of what even the most powerful existing (or future) supercomputers can do--but quantum computers are poised to crack problems that are simply out of humanity’s reach with traditional computers. With applications across climate, healthcare, energy, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design and more, quantum computing will tackle some of the most urgent practical challenges we face, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
The quantum architect will work on architectural problems in the design of applications and compilation methods for a photonic quantum computer. This includes development of novel quantum algorithms, efficient compiling methods for quantum circuits, development of methods for achieving a universal fault tolerant logical gate set and implementation of simulations and software for studying quantum algorithms. The applications quantum architect will collaborate with the fault tolerance and linear optics teams to integrate the designs with the overall architecture and will work closely with the engineering team to understand and optimize architectural design to a fully integrated silicon-photonic system.
- Develop novel quantum algorithms, efficient compiling methods for quantum circuits, and implementation of simulations and software for studying quantum algorithms.
- Collaborate with the fault tolerance and linear optics teams to integrate the designs with the overall architecture.
- Work closely with the engineering team to understand and optimize architectural design to a fully integrated silicon-photonic system.
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or equivalent required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Three years of relevant work or academic research experience in quantum algorithms / computing / information.
- Proven experience executing cross-department complex projects.
- Experience working with leading edge technologies.
- Large-scale software development experience.
- Domain knowledge: Quantum algorithms, quantum compilation, magic state distillation, quantum error correction, optimization techniques.
- Proven team player with an ability to work effectively across departments, sites, time zones.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Strong critical thinking, creative, innovative, analytical, and detail oriented problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of impactful results.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver against a schedule.
- Ability to contribute in fast-moving start-up environment.
- Python, C++.
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.