At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
- Design and implement core components for Nauto edge compute platforms
- Design, implement, and optimize algorithms to run on edge devices
- Work closely with Nauto algorithm teams to design and implement Nauto AI algorithms in a high-performance and power efficient manner - including validation, debugging and testing across cloud and edge platforms
- Design and implement the split/interaction between edge and cloud algorithms
- Leverage the Edge compute available to run a variety of offline algorithms spawning multiple use cases (i.e. complex video analytics tasks)
- Ability to adapt and ramp up on Android and Linux
Experiences and Skills
- Very strong C++ coding skills
- Experience with multi-threading software, synchronization primitives in C++11 and above
- Experience with protobufs, sockets, grpc and other RPC mechanisms
- Experience with Linux as a development environment, GDB, code profiling and optimizations.
- Ability to write excellent unit tests and test first mindset
- Preferable familiarity with video codecs like H.264/H.265, container formats like MP4
- Preferable familiarity working with Tensorflow/Tensorflow Lite or other similar on device/edge inference frameworks and/or optimizing C++ algorithms to run-on high-performance edge computing platforms with GPU, DSP or neural processors
- Preferable familiarity with message passing/pub sub frameworks
- Preferable familiarity with Boost C++ libraries
- Preferable familiarity with asynchronous, event driven programming
- 3+ years of industry experience, 5-7 years preferred
- BS or MS in EE/CS
We have all the perks of a Valley startup, including:
- Experienced leadership with a great track record of growing startups
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group including experts in a wide range of fields such as Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision, Systems & Device Engineering, and Support & Operations
- Comfortable co-working environment and communal problem solving
- We love Hackathons!
- Free lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, daily
- Fun activities like weekly happy hour, daily group workouts and occasional nerf battles. We even have a puzzle club!
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We are in the heart of Palo Alto, walking distance from the Caltrain station.
We also have all the best benefits, including:
- Stock options
- Coverage for (health, dental, vision) including qualified dependents
- Healthcare spending accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Commuter assistance
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Flexible PTO
Nauto is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.