We are on a mission to build the world’s first large-scale, commercially viable, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2016 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solution to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with potential impact across all of science and technology. By harnessing the laws of quantum physics, quantum computers are expected to dramatically outperform even the most powerful supercomputers, enabling extraordinary advances across a broad range of applications including climate, energy, healthcare, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design, and more.
In many areas of scientific and technical inquiry, humanity has reached the limit of what even the most powerful existing (or future) supercomputers can do--but quantum computers are poised to crack problems that are simply out of humanity’s reach with traditional computers. With applications across climate, healthcare, energy, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design and more, quantum computing will tackle some of the most urgent practical challenges we face, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
Quantum applications engineers drive the implementation of practical quantum algorithms, and the development of PsiQuantum’s quantum applications software stack. This work takes quantum algorithms from concept to reality, involves close collaboration with external partners on specific use cases, and directly enables the discovery of both new quantum application use-cases and novel algorithmic techniques. The applications team is fully focused on algorithms in the fault tolerant regime and is very tightly integrated with quantum architecture development. The scope of the quantum applications team includes development of new quantum algorithms and methods, scoping of use-cases, simulation and analysis of resource requirements, optimization of compiling methods and development of methods for universal fault tolerant logic.
- Work closely with external partners, and quantum applications team to design, implement and analyze quantum algorithms for real use cases.
- Carry out full system analysis to evaluate and optimize resource requirements for fault tolerant computations.
- Optimization of quantum algorithms at the subroutine, circuit and compiled gate-set level.
- Design and build quantum simulation and compiling tools and software to support both internal and external users.
- Work closely with the software engineering team to maintain a high-quality codebase supported by a fast and reliable simulation infrastructure.
- Degree in Physics, Math or Computer Science or equivalent required.
- Practical experience in quantum computing, programming quantum applications, or quantum circuit compilation.
- Experience with quantum algorithms or compiling in the regime of fault tolerant gates preferred.
- A results-driven “doer”, preferably with experience in a high-turnover, rapid-delivery work environment.
- A problem solver, with an analytical mindset.
- Proven team player with an ability to work effectively across departments, sites and time zones.
- Ability to work independently and contribute in fast-moving start-up environment
- Experience programming in Python, C++ or similar language
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.