Universal Hydrogen is developing game-changing technologies that will decarbonize aviation and other market verticals. As we chart our course to market, we’re looking for a Senior Market and Strategy Data Analyst to help us architect and strategically evaluate market entry opportunities across industries and geographies. In this role, you’ll be an integral part of our corporate strategy process and have significant leadership team exposure.
About the Role
- Support the strategy team in market, financial, and business analysis activities across the Universal Hydrogen portfolio, including developing the analysis to vet potential projects/ventures and market opportunities.
- Mine market data and develop custom models & algorithms to apply to data sets to understand trends, opportunities, and competitive landscape.
- Summarize insights from analysis, clearly communicate analytical findings in a cohesive story, and articulate an argument to be presented to executives.
- Regularly interface with strategy, sales, and technology teams to ensure the relevance of the financial and strategic models.
- A love for building and maintaining financial models, especially in the transportation and/or renewable energy fields.
- Strong ability to synthesize complex information into clear takeaways and provide recommendations using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Strong analytical and research skills with an innate talent for hunting down hard-to-find information.
- Strong grasp of technical concepts, and ability to translate them to high-level business models and opportunities.
- Best-in-class communication skills at both the 50-foot and 50,000-foot level, including being able to structure well-organized Excel models and presentations, and brief them at a high level to senior leadership.
- A background in business analysis, likely through previous roles in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, and/or an MBA.
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and also act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, JetBlue, Toyota, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2025.
We strive for a culture that is empowered, collaborative, open, and human-centered. We are driven by a sense of urgency to address climate change through the near-term decarbonization of commercial aviation. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize for their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and flexible work policy reflects this. However, because we are building physical products, most roles will require working at our facility at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles most of the time.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes cash bonuses and significant equity participation for all salaried employees, employer-paid health insurance coverage, generous parental leave, a pet-friendly headquarters located at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles, and generous paid time off. As a young company, we are actively working to expand the benefits we provide—including childcare, retirement, parental, and mental health benefits—and we’re always open to feedback on what’s most important to you.
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want to give you the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. We value diversity in all its forms, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.
Please note that for the health and safety of our employees, we require all employees to provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations as recommended by the CDC (or a valid exemption).