We are looking for a passionate recruiting coordinator that isn’t afraid of a fast-paced environment. For this position you should have a process improvement mindset and are excited to be the candidate-facing voice of Universal Hydrogen. You will be the main point of contact for all candidates and will have the chance to perfect the employee experience from day one. If building strong relationships and multitasking are your strengths you will have the opportunity to succeed. Universal Hydrogen’s mission is simple: we are trying to change the world with carbon free aviation, and we need you to help us do it!
About the Role
- Serve as main point of contact for candidate coordination at all levels of the organization
- Identify and manage pertinent recruitment data to improve efficiency
- Schedule candidates for all stages of interviews virtually and onsite
- Partner with managers to gain feedback on hiring needs and candidate quality
- Maintain a strong candidate experience through proper communication
- Help with new hire preparation and onboarding experience
- Passion for problem solving and identifying needs based on priority
- Basic knowledge of full-cycle recruitment process
- Experience with complex schedule coordination
- Demonstrated experience managing confidential information with a high degree of integrity and best practices
- Experience working with ATS systems and scheduling platforms (Greenhouse and Calendly preferred)
- Bonus if you have a working knowledge of LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, or other recruiting tools!
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and also act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, JetBlue, Toyota, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2025.
We strive for a culture that is empowered, collaborative, open, and human-centered. We are driven by a sense of urgency to address climate change through the near-term decarbonization of commercial aviation. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize for their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and flexible work policy reflects this. However, because we are building physical products, most roles will require working at our facility at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles most of the time.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes cash bonuses and significant equity participation for all salaried employees, employer-paid health insurance coverage, generous parental leave, a pet-friendly headquarters located at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles, and generous paid time off. As a young company, we are actively working to expand the benefits we provide—including childcare, retirement, parental, and mental health benefits—and we’re always open to feedback on what’s most important to you.
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want to give you the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. We value diversity in all its forms, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.
Please note that for the health and safety of our employees, we require all employees to provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations as recommended by the CDC (or a valid exemption).