We have a tremendous opportunity for an FP&A Analyst to join our team that is on an exciting growth trajectory. This position will have visibility to all facets of the organization and play a key role in strategy for the future direction of the company. This position will allow you to become an expert in the development of our corporate financial forecast model. In our quest to become a global leader in aviation and sustainability, we are trying to change the world and need the best talent to help us do it!
About the Role
- Build and maintain financial models for budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning
- Conduct ad hoc analysis on commercial questions and evaluate new opportunities
- Create reports and present findings to company leadership
- Provide support for capital planning
- Liaises closely with teams including Sales, Engineering, Procurement, Talent, Facilities, and IT
- Work closely with accounting for monthly financial close process
- Serve as the voice of objectivity and rationality in strategic planning discussions
- Relevant work experience preferably in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or corporate finance experience in a technology- focused industrials / manufacturing startup
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced Excel wizardry
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in an unstructured, fast-changing environment
- Ability to comfortably handle ambiguity and exercise independent judgment
- Ability and desire to roll up sleeves and be hands-on in an entrepreneurial fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Effective communication and presentation skills to deliver findings of analysis and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or related professional experience
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and also act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, JetBlue, Toyota, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2025.
We strive for a culture that is empowered, collaborative, open, and human-centered. We are driven by a sense of urgency to address climate change through the near-term decarbonization of commercial aviation. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize for their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and flexible work policy reflects this. However, because we are building physical products, most roles will require working at our facility at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles most of the time.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes cash bonuses and significant equity participation for all salaried employees, employer-paid health insurance coverage, generous parental leave, a pet-friendly headquarters located at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles, and generous paid time off. As a young company, we are actively working to expand the benefits we provide—including childcare, retirement, parental, and mental health benefits—and we’re always open to feedback on what’s most important to you.
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want to give you the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. We value diversity in all its forms, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.
Please note that for the health and safety of our employees, we require all employees to provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations as recommended by the CDC (or a valid exemption).