At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
As a Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer at Nauto, you will come on to a small team and immediately make a concrete impact on the growth of the business. You will be responsible for scaling Nauto's data infrastructure, optimizing data pipelines and key data tools, as well as enabling robust business and customer analytics on telematics datasets warehoused by the company.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design and implement data models to support product and analytical use-cases
- Build large scale tabular datasets from unstructured and semi-structured log data from Nauto devices
- 100% Data infrastructure development. Building out ETL pipelines and stream processing architectures.
- Daily Responsibilities - 90% Hands On + 10% Mentor Duties
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, preferably Data Engineering
- BS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience building End-to-End production data pipelines to support product use-cases
- Data modeling (SQL)
- Big Data Processing technologies (Spark or Flink, etc.)
- Hive or Presto
- AWS EC2 preferred or any cloud services
- Airflow or Oozie (any workflow processing engine)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hands-on experience working with DevOps, CI/CD
- Prior experience at a start-up
We have all the perks of a Valley startup, including:
- Experienced leadership with a great track record of growing startups.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group including experts in a wide range of fields such as Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision, Systems & Device Engineering, and Support & Operations.
- Comfortable co-working environment and communal problem solving.
- We love Hackathons!
- Free lunch, snacks, drinks, daily.
- Fun employee events and activities.
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We are in the heart of Palo Alto, walking distance from the Caltrain station.
We also have all the best benefits, including:
- Stock options
- Coverage for (health, dental, vision) including qualified dependents
- Healthcare spending accounts (FSA, HSA)
- 401K program
- Commuter assistance
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Flexible PTO
Nauto is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.