At PsiQuantum, we are on a mission to build the world’s first large-scale, commercially useful, 1 million-plus qubit quantum computer, powered by breakthroughs in silicon photonics and quantum architecture. We were founded in 2016 by the world’s foremost experts in photonic quantum computing and have assembled a world class team dedicated to bringing the world-changing benefits of quantum computing into reality.
Quantum computing is anticipated to unlock the solutions to otherwise impossible computational tasks, with impact across science, technology and business. With applications across climate, healthcare, energy, finance, agriculture, transportation, materials design and more, quantum computing will tackle some of the most urgent practical challenges we face, as well as deliver entirely new industries.
Our team is working across the full stack of quantum computing, from hardware design, manufacturing and packaging through to quantum architecture and quantum algorithms. We’re a highly integrated, collaborative team and love tackling problems than span across interfaces.
PsiQuantum is uniquely positioned to deliver on the promise of quantum computing. We have already demonstrated that it’s possible to manufacture core quantum components using the standard and scalable manufacturing processes of a world-leading semiconductor fab.
There’s more work to be done and we are looking for exceptional talent to join us on this extraordinary journey!
The Advanced Interconnect (AI) Group in PsiQuantum investigates novel quantum and classical optical interconnections for networked quantum computing. A multi-talented, Senior Optical Engineer will lead the development of a novel photonic interconnect platform that includes exceptional photonic devices and fiber-to-chip coupling schemes. Aspects of this project will include photonic design & layout, building and supporting experimental and test setups, nanofabrication development, data analysis and communication, and external vendor management.
- Lead the development of a novel photonic interconnect platform, from strategy to execution. Must be able to innovate to find creative solutions in an R&D environment.
- Invent novel optical solutions for modular photonic quantum computing.
- Lead layout and design of photonic chips.
- Lead the construction of optical test and experiment setups.
- Analyze and communicate data from experiments.
- Support nanofabrication development, such as metrology work and vendor engagement.
- Demonstrated world-leading photonic device, circuit, and/or platform designs and implementation.
- 4+ years experience in photonics is required.
- Experience in layout of photonic chips is highly desired.
- Experience with chip bonding, especially direct bonding, is highly desired.
- Experience in optics experimental design, test, and analysis, especially using silicon photonics, is highly desired.
- Experience with alignment setups, including mechanical, thermal, vacuum, and optical components, is highly desired.
- Experience with photonic packaging is a highly desired.
- Experience with nanofabrication is a highly desired.
- Outstanding communication skills
PsiQuantum provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. PsiQuantum does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.